Early Years Foundation Stage at Sandfield Close Primary School
At Sandfield Close Primary School our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is a thriving learning area. We have a diverse range of children and our expert staff in the EYFS area (sometimes called Reception too) cater for their individual needs. Through regular monitoring and evaluation we ensure that our EYFS practice is consistent and we provide quality provision and care for the needs of our children.
At Sandfield Close Primary School we have a Reception class area with children that are 4 years old+ within the school building. We do not have nursery provision within school.
We use ‘Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)’ to support our planning, teaching, learning and assessment. This is a non-statutory guidance document which supports staff in implementing the statutory requirements of the EYFS. Based on this, our EYFS practice is built around the following three themes:
- developing the unique child
- building positive relationships
- creating enabling environments.
These three themes support the learning and development children make across the 17 strands within the EYFS.
At Sandfield Close Primary School we aim to:
- develop the whole child and support their growth emotionally, intellectually, socially, linguistically and physically so that they can develop educationally;
- foster a caring child that is able to show kindness, compassion and respect to fellow friends regardless of their gender, race, religion, social backgrounds or ability;
- encourage all children to reach their full potential and support others to do so too;
- create positive learners that want to learn and are curious to find out more.
- ensure learning is fun!
Please find a copy of Development Matters below.
Please find a copy of phonic phases 2, 3 and 5 below.